Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well it has been a while since I last posted once again so of course much has happened. Well I accomplished a major life goal by biking the 12 miles from where we live to where we work. I felt so accomplished when I finally got there and surprisingly had not that much pain at all afterwards. After I did it I thought to myself that maybe I should do this more often, needless to say I havent ridden my bike again since that day. I am really good at keeping my promises, not. Well that same day I rode my bike to work we had an orientation for our Capuchin Appalachian Mission which is the last thing we are going to do this year. I am very excited about it to say the least. I loved the weeks of service that I was able to go on in college to New Orleans and Baltimore and am looking forward to giving others a similiar experience as well as learning more about myself and why I love service so much. After that orientationn ended 2 of the cadets my community is friends with at West Point had a small graduation party where we work. It was really great to see them all one last time, it was a very strange feeling for me though. It was so weird to me that people I only knew for a few months could mean so much to me and affect me so much and then I just say goodbye and possibly never see them again. I really have to words to describe the feeling I just know that I only met these people this year and now within afew days I have said goodbye to all of them never knowing when or if I will see them again, its just weird is the only word I have for it.

Well the next morning after that party we had our family festiva and God's TYM olympics where all of the youth groups in the area got together and played field day type games and the winning team gets to keep the golden tau until the following year. well my God's TYM came in last place, but all day we were okay with it. All of the teens in my God's TYM had a good day and most of their parents were there all day which made it even better as they got to see first hand all the things we do at CYFM and how much fun their teens have when they come to God's TYM. I loved meeting all of their familys and getting to know my teens a little better too. We all just had a really great day and enjoyed ourselves.

Well I cannot really even recall what happened between that day and when we went to Long Beach Island as a community on memorial day and the 2 days following. I forget what happens most of my time here because we do so much in one week that it all just kind of mixes together. I remember going to the McCormack's for dinner one night and getting eaten alive by bugs there. I really enjoy our times with family's in their homes. It has been one of my favorite parts of the year, getting to know familys involved in CYFM and meeting them where they are and their sharing of their lives with us.I am just so grateful for this opportunity this year.

To say the least Long Beach Island was great. It gave us a really great opportunity to relax together and just enjoy spending time with each other. I think Fr. Fred enjoyed the time the most. He and Br. Lake were the most relaxed the whole time and I think because of the time there are so much more relaxed and ready for ministry atCYFM. They have a great new energy about them that I have not seen in a while. I loved just relaxing on the beach and reading a random book I found in the house. I actually took the book home with me and have not stopped reading it since. As soon as I started this book I realized that I read books like I watch movies. i get so into them that they are the only thing I think about until it is over. I am so glad I got the opportunity to go the shore. It got me out of the weird funk I was in.

Before going to the shore and still a little bit now I am in this very strange in between place. I am not ready to say goodbye to CYFM yet but I know the time to do so is coming. It is all coming slowly. We are saying goodbye to parts of our year at different times which in some ways I am happy about but in other ways am really confused about. Like the saying goodbye to the cadets, I know nothing is totally over yet I just know its coming. next Sunday is my last God's TYM and I know it is going to be difficult for me to leave. Going there has been the one time this year I have really grown in my ministry and as a person. when I go there it is only me and no one else. I am the one in charge and I am the one representing CYFM to Warwick.I am the one that gets to share in the faith journeys of the teens who come every week. I am alone and yet I know God is there guiding me to where he wants me to go and helping me to say what he wants me to say.

Again this week we say goodbye to another part of our year and again I think it is going to be a weird feeling. We are going to NYC on Wednesday to say goodbye to the Cabrini Mission Corps missioners we have gotten to know well this year. We have shared a few experiences with these 3 lovely ladies, such as a retreat in January as well as a visit to them a month or so after that and then their visit to us only a month or so ago. Again I feel like this will be a new experience to see someone for the last time not knowing when you will see thm again or if they will mean the same to you in the future. I just hope that I stay open to what God has in store for me that day and that he helps me experience all that that day will offer in the fullest way and that I not regret anything about it. I hope that I can do what I set out to do which is to seize the day and not regret one thing about it. I hope again to not be afraid and not let anything break me and no one make me feel like I dont deserve what I desire or what God has in store for me in this day and every day for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. "I hope again to not be afraid and not let anything break me and no one make me feel like I dont deserve what I desire or what God has in store for me in this day and every day for the rest of my life."

    -Remember.... "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but say they word and I shall be healed." None of us is worthy on our own, some people choose to focus on our inadequacies in the face of God, but more importantly (in my humble opinion) we ARE worthy because HE wants us to be, and he CHOOSES to say the words and make us worthy of the plans He has for us :)

    ReplyDelete